What is a ‘Professional Home Inspection’?
A non-invasive visual examination of the accessible areas of a home in accord with national standards, both observed and deemed material by the inspector. The inspection is based on the observations made that day and is not a prediction of future conditions. The inspection will not reveal every issue that does, or ever could exist, but only those material defects or issues within a system or component of a residential property that may have a significant adverse impact on the value of the property, or that poses an unreasonable risk to people.
“Pre-Listing Walk Through” *
– A free service provided to homeowners preparing to list a single-family residence. This service is provided to verbally identify open items of possible concern, but does not include the level of detail, testing, or documentation included with the “Residential Home Inspection”. While not a home inspection, this service allows our client the opportunity to better understand the condition of their home and resolve identified issues on their own schedule and often at a considerable cost savings. This is typically a 30-minute walk through.
– A reduced fee service providing clients the ability to bring an inspector during a walk through, often prior to any written offer being extended. This service is provided to verbally identify open items of possible concern, but does not include the level of detail, testing, or documentation included with the “Residential Home Inspection”. Through this service, clients are able to make a more informed decision before formalizing their offer and suspending their home search. This is typically a 30-minute walk through.
“Residential Home Inspection”
– An examination of the property designed to identify defects which may have a significant, adverse impact on the value of the property, or which pose an unreasonable risk to people. The “Residential Inspection” includes a “Walk-n-Talk”, as well as, photo supported written report outlining defects deemed material by the inspector. This is typically a 3+ hr inspection, 30-60 min walk-n-talk and 60-120 page report.
– Thermography is the use of thermal sensors (cameras) to identify temperature anomalies based on the detection of radiation emitted by all objects. This procedure is a tool which ‘may’ assist in the detection of: water intrusion of the roof and building envelope; HVAC duct location, separation and blockages; plumbing pipe location and leak detection; electrical hot spots, overheated conductors or failing breakers; insulation voids or other deficiencies; framing member/design concerns; radiant heat leaks or improper routing; failed window seals; various other concerns.
– Recommended by the EPA to be done at the time of home purchase. Radon is a radioactive cancer-causing gas, which has been found in homes all over the United States. We offer “Radon Testing” in most areas.
** Free services are based on schedule availability